Aurora Chamber of Commerce Manufacturing and Skilled Trades Scholarship Program
Date: April 3, 2023
The Aurora Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce the launch of the Manufacturing and Skilled Trades Scholarship Program for High School Students.
The Manufacturing and Skilled Trades Scholarship will provide financial assistance to TWO eligible students, one for Manufacturing and one for Skilled Trades, who plan to attend a college or university, or a trade school or a work apprenticeship program in manufacturing-related fields, such as mechanical engineering, industrial design, production management, as well as in skilled trades-related fields, such as welding, plumbing, electrical work, and more.
The scholarship program will award 2 scholarships of $5,000 each to eligible high school students who meet the program's criteria. To be eligible for our scholarship program, students must meet the following criteria:
• Must be a grade 12 high school senior who will be attending a college / university / academic or skilled trades program in the upcoming academic year or workplace apprenticeship program.
• Have a minimum overall grade of achievement of level 2 (65%+).
• Must be a permanent resident or Canadian citizen.
• Must be a student in an Aurora High School or a resident of Aurora, Ontario.
• Must be between the ages of 17-24 at the time of application.
• Show evidence of community involvement and leadership potential, such as volunteer work or extracurricular activities.
• Must answer questions that demonstrate their interest and commitment to their chosen field of study.
• Consideration will be given to students who are members of underrepresented groups in their field of study or who are pursuing high-demand occupations.
The deadline for applications is May 5th, 2023, and scholarship recipients will be contacted on May 29th, 2023.